Applying for a Maharashtra Gazette Notification Online for changes in Name,Surname, etc. has never been easier.

With just a few simple clicks you can now get a Gazette Notification for a name change id in no time. Don’t wait in long queues outside Government Offices to get your work done. We will handle it all. Starting from your name change to its status update and delivery, we take care of everything so you are relieved of the headache of visiting government offices over and over again.

Now registration for a name change in the Gazette has never been easier. We will assist you on every step of the process including document checks to make the process easier and hassle free and quick for you.

We are always available on call for your assistance:

Foram Pandya: 75063 39975

Mayur Pandya: 9820815357

We provide Gazette Notification for Name Change in the following cases:

  • Gazette for Name change of women after divorce.
  • Gazette Notification for Name Change due to Numerology or Astrology.
  • Gazette for Change of Name of women after Marriage.
  • Gazette for Name Change in Birth Certificate and School Leaving Certificate.
  • Gazette Notification for correction of Spelling Mistakes in Old Name.
  • Gazette for Name Change after Adoption.
  • Gazette notification for Name Change and Change of Religion.
  • Gazette for change in your Father’s name or Middle Name.

Checklist of documents required for Name Change in Gazette for Adults and Minors:

Application Form: The application form should be duly signed by the applicant with details of the old and new name, Corresponding address, Contact Details and Valid reason for name change.

ID proof: Applicant’s PAN card or Voter ID card or Driving License or Passport or Aadhaar Card.

Photo: One passport sized coloured photograph.

Address Proof: Ration Card or Aadhaar Card or Electricity Bill.

Applicant can also provide the following optional documents:

  • Affidavit (If available, for reasons such as Adoption etc.)
  • Divorce Papers (If available, in case of marital separation)
  • Marriage Certificate (For women, after marriage.)

Mandatory Documents for Minors below 18 years:

Application Form: The application form should be signed by the minor and if possible by the guardian or parents as well.

ID proof: Aadhaar Card or School ID

Address Proof: Ration Card or Aadhaar card.

Age Proof: Birth Certificate or Bonafide.

Photo: One passport sized coloured photograph.

NOTE: Documents should be uploaded in JPEG format with file size.

Gazette Name Change Procedure:

  • Make a Login ID by registering yourself with the website.
  • Login in using the Login ID.
  • Fill all the mandatory details with care- namely Old name and New Name, Reason for change, Date of Birth, Mobile number and Email ID, Address etc.
  • Attach all the relevant documents and continue.
  • Select your preferred payment option (Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking).

You can also ease your work by letting professional consultants do the work on your behalf by paying a nominal fee.


Change of Name Customer Care Team


A/602, Krishnamai CHS LTD,
Turel Pakhadi Road,
Somwari bazaar, Malad (W),
Mumbai- 400064


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):

  • Is Marriage Certificate mandatory for Name Change after Marriage?
    No, a marriage certificate is not mandatory. But providing it as a supporting document will increase your chances of your application to be approved.
  • Can we change our address in gazette office?
    No, Gazette notification is only for Change of Name, Change of Date of Birth & Change of religion. 
  • Where is the Gazette Office located in Mumbai?
    Ground Floor, Government Book Depot & Publication House, Near Charni Road Station, Charni Road, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Rd, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400004, but Since 2014, The Gazette Application process is Online.

  • What are the documents required for Change of Name after Divorce ?
    For Gazette Notification for Change of name after divorce, apart from the Basic documents like ID, Address proof etc a Divorce decree is mandatory. 
  • Is school LC accepted as Date of Birth Proof for Minor ?
    No, Only Birth certificate issued by a Municipal Authority or any office authorized to issue Birth and Death Certificate by the Registrar of Births & Deaths or Bonafide issued by School.